Oracle Enterprise Asset Management is a maintenance centric application which enables the organization to manage the full asset life cycle with a complete view of all types of assets and equipment. It caters to various kinds of industries such as Oil and gas, Real estate, Retail etc. iSON Oracle eAM competency was started in year 2002 with a successful implementation for an oil field service company in Oman despite the product being niche. We in iSON have consultants who have strong Maintenance Industry background and have enriched the implementation by providing industry specific solutions in Oil & Gas, Steel, Property & Real Estate and retail sector. Today the team is quiet matured and having ready to face challenge for any type of Industry to meet the Business requirements by providing solutions and adopting best practices in the maintenance Processes including unified coding for establishing Asset structure. The Team has successfully delivered very complex large scale implementation and fully meets customer requirements which were vetted by PMO and Quality Assurance by leading Big 5 consulting companies.
- Oracle Enterprise Asset Management
- Self Service work Requests
- Integration to Projects , Property Management & Procurement
- Bolt on Customizations to suit Industry needs.
- Successful delivery of complex Oracle eAM Projects across Oil &Gas ( Upstream ,midstream),real estate & Retail sector in Middle east and Africa.
- Achieved single maintenance system throughout the organization in-spite of complex business processes by adapting to a standard maintenance policy.
- Better integration between stores and maintenance
- Comprehensive asset and component history
- Focus on preventative maintenance, driving better asset reliability
- Better management of maintenance workload
- Standardised asset information and maintenance procedures
- Ability to analyse asset and maintenance department performance
- Ensured the maintenance team is well trained and supported post Go live.
- Development of Key Management reports for Maintenance.
- Gaining Experience in Oracle Asset Tracking.
- Exploring Mobile Maintenance applications for Work Order Management system.
Case in Point
ENOC (Emirates National Oil Company) have decided to re-implement Oracle EBS R12.1.3 for all their Group companies and iSON has been selected as preferred partner in-spite of severe competition from other big software vendors based on merits in terms of Industry experience, Implementation Experience of similar size and Number of successful Oracle R12 implementations in the ME region. The scope was to implement Oracle Financials, Purchasing, SCM, Process Manufacturing, Property Manager, eAM, HRMS and Projects Suite of modules for 26 operative companies and 20 plus investment companies. The implementation duration was targeted to complete in 12 months and iSON was able to successfully implement within 14 months. Oracle eAM was successfully implemented for 12 operative companies
- It is generally understood that the assets being predominantly from the Oil and Gas industry the principles will be guided by the ISO 14224
- Will have to include the nuances of the individual business units though they are fairly diversified from refining to retail fuel dispensing
- The asset management strategy will be based on the criticality of the assets to its intended business objectives. It is understood that the objectives will focus on each business unit. While assessing the impact of the failure due consideration would be given to the nature of functional failure like, total, partial, operable.
- Criticality assessment and the consequent ranking of the assets to Most Critical, Critical, Less Critical and non- critical will form the basis for the Asset Management Strategy which will include Preventive Maintenance (PM), Planned Maintenance (PLM), Condition Bases Maintenance, Reliability Centered Maintenance, Risk Based Inspection and Breakdown Maintenance.
- Environment, Safety and health will form a key aspect of the business objectives as declared in the ENOC Mission Statements
- Total Life Cycle Costing will have a bearing on all policies to ensure overall economy through the life of the asset.
- Equipment Reliability will be key to realize company objectives by way of equipment selection, spares planning and inventory, adoption of best practices, selection and retention of the best of the talent for the in-house employees and proper evaluation and assessment of the outsourced activities
- In case failures of assets the root cause of failure would be established by way of failure analysis procedure and the reason pin pointed to avoid recurrence of such failures in future
- A world class EAM system will capture all data like, the asset details, hierarchy, asset tag, Bill of Materials etc., to be readily available for the user
- Implementation of Oracle eAM across 12 operative companies
- Big 4 consulting company did a Business Analysis and developed uniform Business Processes across all companies
- Prototype Models were developed to meet the Processes and demonstrated, modified/refined, tested and deployed the solution
- Required Interfaces and Integrations are completed
- Custom Developments were made to meet Business Requirements
- Time sheet solution integrating to Oracle Projects and eAM
- Personalization to cater to individual Business requirements such as Activity search on work order
- Key Maintenance Management reports (KPI) for better decision making.
- Standardization of data format for the equipment in all facilities within the Organization facilitates better understanding & recognition and facilitates organizing the data in a structured manner
- Timely reporting helps in optimal decision making
- Ensures transparency in the entire Asset Life cycle management.
- Seamless integration and single source of information helps to know the Asset Health.
- Improved efficiency in utilization of company assets and inventory